01 May 2009

Stoodley Pike

Wednesday became a moorland walk day as I set off across the moors above Todmorden to the towering and brooding Stoodley Pike.

I thought it'd be a great day for taking photos too, however I was disappointed to see that due to the wind, clouds and general lack of good light only a few of my shots looked anywhere near half decent - benefits of digital cameras I guess!

I think some of the better shots include the distant shot of the Pike and the closer view as they show the isolation and bleakness of their location:

Some of the views from the top of the Pike were amazing too:


2 comments:

  1. I used to go up there most weekends as a kid during the summer, it was just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an amazing place. Perfect location for a beacon. The view from the top is amazing once you mange to get up the very, very dark stairway

    ReplyDelete